HybridZ

When It Rains, It Pours

Scottie-GNZ

Thanks, everyone for your kind thoughts.

Car is totalled and I see some evidence that I might have to at a minimum, drop the pan and inspect the crank and thrust bearing. The trigger wheel is bent meaning the front of the crank took a hit from the front-end crumpling. I went back to the track to see where I hit the wall and it was right at the timing box where top speed is recorded, 66' from the finish line. Since I crossed the finish line in the other lane, I could only get the 1/8-mile MPH and was told it was 127.34. With that, the car would pick up about 33mph in the 2nd half, so it seems I hit the wall at about........eek.gif

Will be 100% sure when I dismantle the car, but when it was towed off the track, they just put a wheel dolly under the right front wheel and flat-towed it off. No signs of anything odd out back. Lots of talk Friday night at the track about it and most believe another car that had problems all night might have made a deposit on the big-end. I don't know for sure so I will leave it at that and count my blessings.

Scottie, I'm so sorry to hear about your father and unfortunately can relate. I lost my dad two years ago on September 7th. Cars can be replaced, I'm just glad that you are OK and the safety equipment paid off. I've been running time trials with NASA lately and watched a friend crash in turn one at Sebring in front of me and my next investment was an SFI rated one piece fire suit, gloves, shoes and balkava. I'm so happy to hear that you are OK and I know you love the build process so I can't wait to see what you put together next.

Edited by Jeff

• 2 weeks later...