HybridZ

300ZXT VS 300ZX CV axles

Zfan1

I am running a R200 clutch type rear end and 300ZXT CV axles, I broke one in half the other night and was wondering if the non Turbo version CV axles are the same. It is much easier to find 300ZX's in the bone yards vs the Turbo cars.

Thanks,

Mike

Well when you have a 385 sbc and hit it with a 175 shot it snapped the axle in half, found the "new" weak link...LOL Car runs 6.20's at 113 in the 1/8th and 9.87 at 139 in the 1/4. Axles lasted 3 yrs so I am not complaining!

Well when you have a 385 sbc and hit it with a 175 shot it snapped the axle in half, found the "new" weak link...LOL Car runs 6.20's at 113 in the 1/8th and 9.87 at 139 in the 1/4. Axles lasted 3 yrs so I am not complaining!

If you want I can sleeve a set of axles for you. I run a 4130 Cr-Mo pipe on the outside of the main shaft and weld it inside of the CV joints. I pulled a 1.52 60' and I'm SURE they will take more next season when we start turning up the boost.

Axleandaxlestubs002.jpg

Axleandaxlestubs004.jpg

Axleandaxlestubs005.jpg

Picture063.jpg

• 6 months later...

Never mind, I found my answer!

Zfan what was the answer as to the differences you found?

I've heard they the NA Z31 CVs are longer and have the 6 bolt pattern but that's all I've found

I wonder if getting some shorter shafts made would allow them to be used with the 280zxt companion flange adapters... Pro/cons?

I have a local shop that makes the shafts with any spline and length combination, so I'm considering having him make mine

Might actually be worth a group buy... Who knows

Edited by kj280z