HybridZ

So, what is odd about this R32?

Tony D

Very interesting thread, my wife's family is from Cavite so I know a little about that place. My friend and fellow Z collector Rey tells me all the the time that he can get anything he needs made for him by a craftsman in the Phillipines. Tony, you got a great job that takes you to so many interesting places.

Sidenote Tony: I got another HKS flywheel available. You bought 2 from you a few years ago.

Yah, banning RHD vehicles was kinda recent. It happened during the 90s when the bus and trucking industry boomed because of the sudden surge of JDM trucks and buses into the country and started crushing cars and people on the road. But I guess the main reason was to help give the local brand new car dealers here a leveled playing field. There was a time people would rather buy JDM SUVs from subic than a brand new one from the showrooms. They were so much cheaper and they're JDM hehe.

Cavite is a very interesting place because metal fabrication is one of it's main industry. Pinoy jeeps started in cavite.

Oh yah, if you're into toyota K-engines, this is K-engine heaven. It's a staple as rice hehe. Not the most powerful engine, but it's gearing and torque is good enough to haul anything if you put it in an owner type jeep. But nowadays, since RWD SR20DETs are cheaper than FWD SR20s, they start putting it also in their jeeps.

Yeah, there is a heavy pull for me to emigrate...

Youtubes like that don't help, man! :D

First thing I said to Cesar was 'They make a 7K with EFI now you know?'

Drinks too much gas. Ahhh well. Yeah, an SR20 powered Jeep would be my choice. And a VW Tricycle...

Something I could FIT in! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

The whole family had dinner the other night and my bro in law took his skyline with him. BTW, its his 2nd skyline. It's an R33. His 1st one was an R32 with the A31 dash. This one has the stock dash, but was cut up into sections and put back together again. He sold his R22 because it only has an RB20E. This one has an RB25DET :)

P1020428.jpg

P1020429.jpg

P1020433.jpg

P1020434.jpg

P1020437.jpg

P1020439.jpg

Notice the lever for accessing the gas cap? hehe