HybridZ

1977 280z Ignition Condensor related to fuel?

Does my 'tap test' work now? B)

Yes Sir. =D Except it seemed fairly strange to me. The injectors seemed to be clicking with every tap, not just 3 taps. Non the less, it started. I will be honest, stupid mistakes. Thinks I had over looked. When I installed the new coil, I had un done the old coil but did not label the wires. Put the - + backwards on the coil. This is why I was getting no spark when grounding out the - post. Also the spark from the plug wire was Orange and not blue, should have hinted to me. The worst mistake, I didn't notice till I went to bleed the clutch. The ECU.... Was not... Pluged in! Major FacePalm.......

-_-

Yep... Honestly it happens to the best of us. Not that I am the one of the best, but we all make stupid careless mistakes. This happened to be a double face palm one. The reason why the ECU was unpluged was to be safe when I was welding on the transmission mount. I had the car started with the old coil and it went bad with the main EFI relay for some reason. Replaced coil, (wired bad) searched for issues. Came to the EFI relay (fuel pump was also not clicking on). Replaced that seeing as how it wasn't sending power to the ECU. Then I tried starting it (ECU plugged in). Obviously, coil wired backwards, it would not send injectors signal. So I had unplugged the ECU and had welded some stuff. I never plugged it back in. I fixed the coil, found that from the FSM. Then tried to start it again. Wouldn't, went to bleed clutch and noticed the ECU was unplugged. Right then and there I was like, oh my god, I am a retard. Obviously a car will no start without the ECU. :lol: Well, plug it in, crank, braaaaaapppp. The AFM wasn't sealed so idle was really hard. I think after I seal that up and cap a few vacuum connectors it should be great. :D

Thank you for dealing with my hooligan-ery. B) I am glad you didn't totally freak out on me.

I cannot find what the wire going to the Dizzy with that condesner in it was for though. Is it really just a ground? I shouldn't have any issues without this thing there?