HybridZ

Just bought a vq35de

yem73z

• 1 month later...

No, I don't think the AC amp has to be plugged in for it to start, but the manual has a * next to the plug notating that it's a required part. On the gtood side any AC amp 03-06 and maybe 07-08 years should work. but that's probably just for informational purposes.

My diff mount is going to be basically the RT design. For your axles, how much are they going to charge you? Did you need to provide 2 sets of shafts for the secondary CV joint? I've read that most often you need those so they'll match up, but you're swapping to 300Zx rotors anyway, so it's probably a moot point, in that they just need to shorten your shafts rather than adapt to S30 stubs.

With the McKenney MS mount kit, you might want to put the motor in then mark how to mod the crossmember since that kit is going to position your engine differently than Austins. I just welded in my mounts last weekend, they're 13.5" off the firewall, put the HR engine right up snug. my crossmsmber mods are different, the biggest being the cut for the Oil filter. I'll be dropping my engine back in when I get my exhaust sorted out. got a little pain on that since I'm using the stock Cats for emmissions purposes. tho I was talking to the MVD guys and since the 78' is a non-cat car I may not have to have the cats. I'm wondering if without them, that I'll be getting CEL's off the o2 sensors.

Anyhow, more pics more picts! your email sounded like you've made progress.

I got the axles for 425 or 450 can't remember. Techno toy tuning sent my 93 300zx core axles to moser engineering to have them make me a new chromoly shaft and new cv boots to be put on and restrapped.

So I was in the middle of mounting the r230 and come to the realization I bought the high mount kit and id have to knotch the rear section of the frame. Only three hours wasted trying to figure out why it didnt fit. Plus I broke a bolt from the drop down bars due to a rusty ass nut and bolt. I couldnt get the bolt out with an extractor so I ended up cutting that section out and fabbing a new plate with a hole and nut welded in the back. I hate rust!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, extreme rust remediation... You know, I'm going to go out and blast all the nuts and bolts in my rear suspension, that way it'll have a couple weeks to hopefully loosen up before I rip it all apart. I'm really starting to consider just sending the whole beast out for paint before doing too much more of my installation. I'm pretty sure I've got most of the engine compartment welding done, and I'm hoping the rest of the installation will be all either underneath or bolt on. Oh well I guess I gotta do the camber plates first. Grr So much to do....