HybridZ

280zx project dead end

Natulv

It's not bad really, I'd just drive it like it until you have the time and money for a good chassis. You can find pretty much rust free S130 cars here in CA for less than $1500 RUNNING, on a regular basis. The S130 was much more rust resistant than the S30, and here in CA as long as it didn't spend winters parked in mud they usually hold up pretty well.

Might just be worthwhile to start with a better chassis, rather than pouring money into fixing problems on your current chassis. But like I said, just drive it. Enjoy it. Don't let a little bit of rust freak you out and make you drop the car as a project. Just don't pour money into things that can't later be removed and put onto another chassis.

Thanks :) I will try calling them to get either a photo or maybe some more info on them. If they look good enough may at least get the floor pan set from them. Also a positive update, we fixed the wiring! It turns out the last idiot who owned the car tied about 14 ground wires into 1 12gauge ground wire. needless to say we wound up soldering and replacing half the harness in the process of finding that out. Now I just have to add 2 more wires and weld a panel in place to cover the hole in the passenger floor pan for now. As far as finding a donor chassis I dont see many z's come up for sale here in colorado that arent rusty due to being fromt he era when we still used regular salt on roads >.< Might look at buying a car in cali and having a friend drive it out or something

Edited by Natulv