HybridZ

Looking for a starting map

J240ZTurbo

Good morning to all, I just finished wiring my entire MS 2 and I will like to know if someone here has a starting MAP point for my set up. I will like to hear the engine on for a few minutes or so before taking it to a DYNO here is what I got.

"ALL PARTS ARE NEW"

MS II 3.0

L28et Engine

JSK Fuel Rail

Aeromotive A1000 Fuel pump

Aeromotive F.P regulator

Aeromotive Filters

RC 500cc injectors

T3/T4 Turbonetics Turbo

3" Downpipe

AEM Wideband

Greddy Intercooler

thanks,

Juan.

Edited by juan240z

Hey Juan:

Are you going to use MS_Extra code and do ignition through it? The reason I ask is that since you have a wideband setup, the AutoTune feature can help a lot if you are not running some of the more esoteric version s of the extra code which may not support AutoTune

You can probably use the base setups from 440 injectors and then reducing the values in the VE table by the ~12% difference in injector size. (It's actually 13.7% but err on the side of rich...)

If anyone on here thinks that this is wrong, then I'd like to know, because my understanding would be grossly off of the use of the VE table if I am...

• 2 weeks later...

Juan, if you look at the top of this page is the maps post. Niner 11 and cignus have setups similar to yours, the difference is your injectors are bigger and how much boost your trying to run. Cignus maps are good to 16lbs of boost I read. Just do the formula to increase your injector size and put the numbers in your tables. Your engine should start and then you can tune it to what your engine likes.

• 2 weeks later...

Logic would say that Brad-Man is right on the money. If you've got a wideband - you're golden anyways.I have a very similar setup and used cygnus's base tune to get going with and it worked fine. I was only using it for fuel, but now I am in the process of converting it over to spark too. His spark table is still present, so I'll have to see what happens once I get this darn thing running. (Idiot me can't figure out the crank angle sensor trigger points - although I think I have it and will know yay or nay later tonight).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Have you tried using the two tunes that were suggested to you in November and December?. Both of those tunes are very close to your setup., All you have to is reduce your injector numbers by a small percentage in the VE Tables. Its not that hard. You can put numbers in for an entire VE Map in less then 20 minutes. There is also an injector calculator in megatune. Check the Megamanual its also very easy to use.

Tuning is just that...tuning, and paitience, lots of it. These guys are giving you a great place to start from, but you need to make sure you arent just blindly loading someone elses tune, expecting it to work. When I get my car wired and ready, I will probably look up someone elses tune and then go from there, which is stupid easy. I learned from the school of hard knocks wiring and tuning a tech GT fuel/spark to a motorcycle engine completely from scratch...never quite idled well, but revved to 16k :D

You have a lot of money in that motor and it would suck to blow it up cause you didnt take the time to understand how tuning works, and from the sounds of it you want someone to hold your hand/do it for you. You'll never learn it that way, and tuning is an ongoing thing, hence the "...ing". Give it some patience, read a lot, and you'll have a mean zcar.

But in the mean time, check out those other guys tunes, load them, and start slowly changing numbers.

Edited by stretchnuts

If you have the wide band like you said you do. After you get the engine running, just get the engine to idle then rev and keep your airfuel ratios at 11.5 to 12.5. You can then get it over to the tuners. But the fun of this setup is taking the car out and starting to tune the engine yourself. :o) You cant blow the engine up if your just driving it normally over to the tuners shop.

If you have the wide band like you said you do. After you get the engine running, just get the engine to idle then rev and keep your airfuel ratios at 11.5 to 12.5. You can then get it over to the tuners. But the fun of this setup is taking the car out and starting to tune the engine yourself. :o) You cant blow the engine up if your just driving it normally over to the tuners shop.

Or cough up some money for tuner studio and use it, to get it close to what you need.

http://www.efianalytics.com/TunerStudio/

Nigel

• 2 weeks later...

You have waited 5 months to start your engine, Good God Man. Your car could have been tuned in December of last year. These steps can be done in an hour. Read the Manual, Use the injector calculator, fill in your timing table, fill in your Ve table and start your engine.