HybridZ

Looking for other 280zx tail light ideas

zeeboost

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just some quick thoughts. Look at some of these and see what ya think.

The new Camaro tail lights recessed into the panel. There was a Z in japan that had square styled lights recessed into the rear panel, Looked really nice. It was Burgundy in color can't remember where I saw pics of it. 70-72 Chevy Nova tail lights, one solid bar style light. 73-74 Chevy Nova Tail lights, 2 squares each side. 73 Ford Maverick tail lights, another solid bar design.

Edited by dexter72

I've looked at the later model z31 taillights, but didn't really think they matched the s130 too well. After looking at them again, they may have a little potential, but I still think the alfa is my best bet.

Dexter - of all of those you mentioned, I could picture the maverick working well with stacked tail lights (2 pairs). I can't see square tails working well with the 280zx in my opinion.

Goth - I've seen those skyline tails on an s30 and I think they looked really good, again, can't see it with the s130.

The one with the c110 lights:

KPGC110-tail-lights-on-S30.jpg

If I get some free time I'll play around with some of the tail light ideas in gimp / mspaint.

Awesome, never seen these before - thanks for posting them. I think they flow well with the red zx, especially with the pantera hatch (which is another thing I'm trying to find). I kinda wish they would've painted the tail light trims at least the same as the body, but I'll see if I can edit those. I would seriously look into those if I could find a pantera hatch for the zx...that the owner on craigslist didn't want $1500 for.

Last time I talked to Justin about it, he said it'd be some time before they were available, indicating my zx may have been out of the body shop by then. Hm, I'll talk to him again and see if I can grab one of these. Thanks again. Oh and your 2nd link was broken.

Awesome, never seen these before - thanks for posting them. I think they flow well with the red zx, especially with the pantera hatch (which is another thing I'm trying to find). I kinda wish they would've painted the tail light trims at least the same as the body, but I'll see if I can edit those. I would seriously look into those if I could find a pantera hatch for the zx...that the owner on craigslist didn't want $1500 for.

I think the guy is down to $1000 now for the pantera hatch. I will check, It might not even be around anymore haha.

EDIT: the ad is no longer around but, Zforce is selling Pantera hatches, Not sure you want to deal with him but he is offering them.

http://www.zforceproductions.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58&Itemid=76

Edited by 19762802+2

zeeboost,

Rereading this post I realize it's not my place and was very rude to have called dibs on the part.

What can I say, I jumped the gun and apololigize for my poor edicate...

Hope it all works out for you, sorry for my mistake.

Guess I'll go look for a ZXR wing deal to try to steal out from under someone next :-D lol

Happy New Year!

Eh, no biggie really. It turns out the pantera hatch is also a mold, not a completed one, so it's basically the same thing Justin offers...except maybe a little cheaper? Oh well, anyways this thread is starting to run off topic.

After searching for c210 tail lights and only coming up with a left assembly on eBay, I'm guessing these will be difficult to come by. I'm playing around with R34 GTR lights right now on mspaint and am getting them to look halfway decent on the rear of my s130. If I can find a cheaper set I may order them and see what kind of potential they have.

Edited by zeeboost

I've been messing with so many different combos and I'm not really happy with anything...I think I may just stick to what I already have :/

Does it look like there's any improvement when I give it the z32 black scheme around the tails?

280zxrearpaintmodsmall.jpg

280zxrearpaintmodsidesmall.jpg