HybridZ

Need to know what Driveshaft I need for my Z

mrcraka

Hello im making this thread for a friend because we are currently working on it and we need to know what drive shaft we need. First of all it is a 1973 Datsun 240Z. The car came with a l28 n/am and a Datsun 280Z 5 speed transmission. The transmission broke and we bought a new one. A 280ZXT 5 speed Borg-Warner T-5. My question is what do we need to fit this transmission. a New yoke, extended drive shaft or ?? I do know I need transmission mounts and if anyone has a guide to making this?

It sounds like you have all of the parts right in front of you. You could take some measurements. Look at the differences.

You didn't refer to any search results either, from here or elsewhere. I'm pretty sure that I have seen this topic mentioned in the past. If you show what you found when you searched, people will usually help you fill in the blanks. You're just offering a blank piece of paper, to be filled in from scratch. That's no fun...

• 1 month later...

So I did some more research made many phone calls, I need a 280zx drive shaft and I'm going to be buying one. I need to get it cut, and swap the flange to fit my r180 rear end. Does anyone have the drive shaft measurement for a 73, R180, t-5 swap? THankyou