HybridZ

My 73 240z 2jzgte project thus far

ozzzzz

Just some photos of my project.http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g335/ozzzzz1/12-14-09240003.jpg. Lots of work left to do.

Did you mean to post a link to your album? That's just one picture and we can't get to the rest.

EDIT: and this is nicer...

12-14-09240003.jpg

Edited by ShaggyZ

Cool! Looks like you're using the S300SX 83-75. I've been strongly considering it, too. Would love to know how it works out.

Can't figure out your engine mounts. What's going on there?

Photos 10,11, and 32 show the mount. The mounts are trd mounted to 1''x3''x1/8" box tubing crossmember. The brackets are angle and round tubing boxed to the angle iron.If anything they are overkill. The angle is 3/16''.

Just some photos of my project. http://s1096.photobucket.com/home/ozzzzz1/index

Lots of work left to do.

Added some desciptions to pictures. I did all the fab work and welding myself. Rear suspension was narrowed 3.5''. I was not trying to recreate the wheel so I moved the control arm mounts inboard. Fabbed up cromoly control arms and moved the wheel wells inboard also. Replaced both floor pans.

the front frame rails were severely rotted from the inside. Grafted in 2.5 x 2.5 x .120 box tubing to replace them. Drivetrain is a 2jzgte single BW 85/73 turbo motor and v160 6 speed tranny driving a r230 rear end.I have been woking on this car for about 1.5 years. Lots of parts and work still needed to complete. This car came with a 280zx turbo motor when I bought it. Not the best conversion I have seen. Wiring was a rats nest. A fire waiting to happen. Hope you like it. Thanks

Sick build. Looks like you have a lot of work put into the suspension and fab. Exhaust clearance? I'm diggin your welds. Keep it up and make sure this thing gets up and running on the streets. Should be one sick fast Z.

Thanks, Working on the front suspension. Just bought a swaybar from Lumberjack. Nice guy.

• 3 months later...