HybridZ

Intermittent Fuel Pump

So I finally got my Z running for the first time, but only for about 3 seconds. The good news is it runs smooooth, the bad is that it loses fuel. When it dies, I can't hear the fuel pump when trying to start it. If I disconnect the starter solenoid and hit the starter, sometimes I hear the fuel pump pumping, sometimes I don't- but when I hear it pump, it builds up enough pressure to run it for that 3 seconds.

I've cleaned and brushed the terminals on the fuel pump, they're good. The wires coming off the pump look good too. Is this a fuel pump relay issue? I know that once you release the key from start, the airflow through the AFM triggers the pump, but after it dies it won't start again... The fuel pump isn't getting a signal from either the "start" position or the AFM, sometimes...

If you hold the fuel pump relay and turn the key on you should feel it click meaning its working correctly.. Also if you have a bad afm (like I did when I was trying to get my z started) the car won't start and will act pretty much the way your explaining your car is. You can test the afm if you have the manual and a volt meter.

Ok, I've found the problem and it is in the AFM, but it confuses me. When I reached in and poked the flap, the pump turns on. But the problem is still there. Sooo, I primed the rails with fuel and hit the starter, fired right up, then ran to the AFM and jammed my finger in there and shonuff, it idles perfectly. I guess the flap isn't opening enough to trigger the pump... Can this be fixed with an adjustment or do I need another AFM? The AFM in there does have a "remanufactured" sticker on it.