HybridZ

rb20/rb25

Z31TURBODRAY

I think that getting a used engine will always come with some risk. As for best place to get an engine; I don't think there is one. It's all kind of a crap shoot. However it seems that some places are better sources than others.

Just remember to do your research and remember that if you pay peanuts, expect monkeys.

Edited by jakeoster

If you need physical help, don't buy anything till you can find some. Ain't any fun to have a pile of expensive toys looking at you in your garage and not being able to use them. Just some guidance.

Other then that you can find pretty much everything you need to know by searching the RB section. All technical questions have been answered or can be answered.

This swap isn't hard,it's pretty easy. I had mine swapped and running in a few days. It all depends on how good you are turning wrenches. You can make it very hard or very easy, work smart not hard lol. Break the swap down in several steps just don't jump in with both feet. It can get very overwhelming fast. There is alot to do if you look at it in just one step. I had alot of fun doing mine.

thanks jake and how old are u and how long did it take u to do the rb swap?

I'm twenty, on my second build. I started the first one when I was junior in high school. Didn't get it running till after I graduated mostly due to the expense. However, due to my crap crx I had gotten for free, a part time job, a lot of patience, and no other life expenses at that time in my life it was not an issue.

One of the reasons I urge guys like you who are getting their feet wet with the RB to seriously consider it, it's not a cheap swap like it seems on the surface. A lot comes up. Unless you got a lot of skills and a means to fabricate. Even then it's pricey.