HybridZ

Need recommendation on serpentine belt

I need a recommendation for a new serpentine belt for an LS2 motor with A/C delete and power steering delete. I will use stock alternator as the only accessory and plan to use stock pulleys and idlers. I have Autozone, O'Reilly's and Advance Auto in my area. No NAPA or Crow Burlingam in my town. I've spent several blocks of time searching the topic and have come up dry, so I hope I am not asking a redundant question.

Just use string to determine the length you need. Don't forget to position the tensioner to it's working position when measuring. Your local store (should) know the lengths of their serpentine belts.

It worked for me, first try, with NAPA.

Steve

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the length Sunny Z. I'd still like to see the completed belt routing. The link to the thread above includes AC or some other accessory, and moore's pic only shows the single pulley.

Do yourself a favor and either use a string or an old belt to measure the belt length and goto the store with that info. Any store can get you a belt that will work. Guessing off someone elses picture is really a bad way to go about getting the correct belt. Its 15 minutes of work that will make life a whole lot easier.

I understand how to find the length. I just want to see how people are routing it. When you do both PS and AC delete you're left with a combination of pulleys that doesn't work. I've seen that you need to add a ribbed pulley but I was just hoping to see exactly where it goes...

I understand how to find the length. I just want to see how people are routing it. When you do both PS and AC delete you're left with a combination of pulleys that doesn't work. I've seen that you need to add a ribbed pulley but I was just hoping to see exactly where it goes...

Ah, ok. I deleted everything on my car, but I run corvette accessories and a blower so it wouldn't be any help really. You should have the alt, wp, crank and a idler that is up top on the passenger side of the water pump. That doesn't work?