HybridZ

914 seats in 240z?

yoshi_w

I have 944 seats in my Z, IIRC they're fairly close if not the same exact seat. If you can find the turbo model 944 seats, jump on them asap!

2417azd.jpg

Like most seats swaps, its pretty straight forward although involving some drilling and strip of flat steel for the rear mount. I don't have any pictures of the process I went through, but I try to explain it to you the best I can.

I used the stock 240Z seat sliders and mounted them to the Porsche seats. You'll have to drill 2 holes for the front mounts and since the front mount is practically a single mount going all the way across, its a simple matter marking and drilling. HOWEVER, what I did is use the OUTER rear mount and line it up with the OUTER front mount, therefor that outer rail uses the stock mounting points. This however will mean the inside rear mount will not line up, which is where the piece of long flat steel comes in.

I had the piece of steel go across both rear mounts, measured, marked, and drilled the hole for the rear inside mount. Bolted it all up and voila!

Hope you've got small hands, bolting down the rear is real PITA!

Edited by LoneStarS30Z

I owned a 914 and I recall the seats were not that comfortable. I do think they'd sit lower than a stock 240Z seat, so if you're 6'4" or something that might be a consideration. The 914 seats are a bit like the JDM racing seats. The seats I've thought would be nice are the leather ones from the S2000. I've seen a few on flea-bay and craigslist. I have to wonder if they're "hot", but some of them had head rest speakers which I thought were nice and they're very comfortable. Likely a lot harder to fit into a 240Z.

S2K seats have been done before, I've also been keeping my ear low for some. They definitely don't go for cheap though, especially when I want then in red.

944 turbo and S2000 seats are still something I REALLY want. I gotta find some other readily available and decently priced OEM seats.

If I find these in reddddddddddddd.............man the wife will not be happy lol

2a9p89j.jpg

Edited by LoneStarS30Z