HybridZ

Throw-out Bearing differences?

Empire

Picking up a new Centerforce stage 1 clutch kit tommorrow for a good price. Comes with the throwout bearing too. I know the clutch kit is the same for all the S30 cars, but on their website they list a different part # for the throwout bearings on each different Z. Right now I've got a 240, but am using the 5spd from a 280. Should the bearing work on either? If I have to change the sleeve over can I just take it off of my 4spd tranny and swap it over to the 5spd?

Ok well they list the same clutch kit (pressure plate, friction) for 240, 260, and 280. So it should be good then right? Worst case scenario the bearing it comes with won't work and I'll have to spend $ on another one. Not sure if the bearing has to come from Centerforce of if I can just go get an OEM spec one from Napa or something.

Worst case is would be you need to get a different collar length to fit the pressure plate.

I do see now that centerforce does have a seperate bearing for 70-74(probably compensates for the height difference), but it really depends on the collar length you have.

Edited by loy

The TO bearing height is directly related to the height of the clutch (tall pressure plate/short TO bearing and visa versa). When matched, the clutch fork is located in the proper position for clutch disengagement. If Centerforce provided the TO bearing with the clutch kit then you should have no problems.

Picked it up today. $200 no tax for brand new not even unbolted from the box. Came with the bearing (still in question), alignment tool, all documents with warranty and special Datsun instructions. Never thought I'd find a clutch pretty, but the nice gold finish does look pretty sweet.