HybridZ

SoCal Carb Tuner

ax75f92

I tried searching this but found nothing.

I have a 240Z with an L28 running a carbed L24 head. The car has been running fat for a long time now, but has gotten progressively worse in the last year. I know the carbs need to be cleaned or rebuilt (or replaced), However, I admittedly know next to nothing about working on them. I worked in a shop for 6 years. Ive torn apart, rebuilt, and swapped fuel injected engines many times...Ive never played around with carbs before. Is there a shop in the SoCal area that does good carb work?

The previous owner installed a set of Holleys, Im not sure if this matters (harder/different to tune than SUs?) and an SA RX7 fuel pump.

Any insight would be appreciated.

THANKS =)

Edited by ax75f92

Holley going progressively rich over time?

Sounds like power valve leakage to me.

Kinda like the 73-74 Flat Tops.

But Flat-Tops are bad, replace them with Holleys then when the power valve leaks and makes it run rich, it's acceptable because it's a Holley and Holley makes good carbs that aren't boat anchors... :P

Hey thanks for the replies guys.

First of all, I took another look at the carbs and they are Webber, not Holley...Im retarded sorry for the confusion.

I snapped a couple pics of them in all their filth.

The nameplate says "Redline-Webber. 32/36DGV5A. K8688"

Again, thanks for the help on a foreign subject...if only I could attached a laptop to these things. =P

post-9995-091854800 1295086826_thumb.jpg

post-9995-065376900 1295086848_thumb.jpg

post-9995-062673700 1295086865_thumb.jpg

post-9995-082744700 1295086882_thumb.jpg

Edited by ax75f92

You can, get some MSD Screw-In Injector Bosses, gut the venturis, put a TPS on it and run Megasquirt like countless hundreds (maybe thousands) around the world have done.

What do you call a carburettor with no fuel going to it?

"A T/B!"

HS6.jpg

CONVERT AND BE SAVED MY CARBURETTED BRETHEREN! CLICK HERE! CLICK HERE! CLIIIIICK HERE!

Edited by Tony D

Thats is def interesting. Thanks for the link. Another solution would be to throw on a fuel injected L28 head, no?

I am unsure of which direction I am going to go for the engine (I may swap it in the near future) so I am just looking to get it to run a little better without investing in a new setup. I am thinking a good cleaning and tune on the existing carbs should do it. Just wondering where to take it. Maybe Ill stop by Motorsport and see what they say.

You don't need a fuel injected head to use fuel injection. unless it's a very early head (pre 74 US market) it will have the injector notches for the stock injection manifold. But this system used low pressure TBI injectors so woo hoo it doens't need a lot of the EFI crap to make it work!