HybridZ

truck bed liner in interior(pics)

Guest m35514h

Are you using it just for rust/easy cleanup? how is this stuff for sound deadening (sp?) and heat insulation? Also, approximetly how much weight would be added if the bottom of the car and interior are done? like under 10lbs?

Would this be a good way to redo the interior. I'm thinking of stripping out all of the old sound deadening out of the car and going down to bare metal. Then zinc coat the metal and apply this bed liner? I think it would look really clean in my car once I put the cage in it.

Justin

I did my engine compartment (sandblasted,treated with naval jelly per instructions,3 coats Rust Bullet,3 coats Herculiner)and believe I made a HUGE mistake.The surface is impermeable,and tough as nails,but the surface is way too rough,attracts dirt,making it way too hard to keep clean.A top coat to smooth the surface somewhat would be ideal,I was thinking a urethane paint,since Herculiner is a urethane based product.I've been looking into a boat paint called Brightside by Interlux.But am not sure if it will breakdown from the engine compartment heat.Any suggestions?

• 1 year later...

Can any one else comment on bed liner on the inside of the car (floors and tunnel). What product works best, method of application, and how did it end up. I dont want a super rough surface that will be hard to clean, but I also dont want it slippery. I've seen some that are smooth with an orange peel like finish.

Thanks