HybridZ

project 75/280z``RUSTOLEUM``paint job

PR280z

I`ve decided to give the Z a RUSTOLEUM paint job.This is the first coat, next will be the sanding and then another coat.It will get a coat or two of clear for a nice shine.Here are some pics of my 1st rustoleum paint job.

IMG_1294.jpgIMG_1295.jpgIMG_1296.jpgIMG_1297.jpgIMG_1298.jpgIMG_1309.jpgIMG_1308.jpgIMG_1303.jpg Will post pics of the outcome when done. KEEPING THE Z ALIVE!

It`s the 1st coat using the roll-on method. I did`nt mix it because it was very thin from the beginning,just a good stir and apply. It did take much longer to dry,i guess that`s what the thinner(spirits)is for. I also did the insides of the fender and will be applying rubber undercoat. I will be hitting it with 600g after the 2nd coat. I`ve seen some good results with this method so i`m giving it a try.

I actually was surprise also on how it lay out smoothly. I do`nt know how thick other rustoleum paints are,but this color sure was very thin, like water.What you see was all done with the roller method.Yes, even the engine bay.I`ll be spraying a lacquer base clear coat.So far i like the results.

• 2 weeks later...