HybridZ

Cosmo Racing

Came across a coilover kit on Ebay. Seems to cheap to be true....

Any of you guys use or know someone who has used the coilover kit from Cosmo Racing? Only thing I found on this site was someone mentioning that they are shorter and meant to be welded on top of the stock spring perches. Is this correct?

link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Race-Coil-over-Coilovers-DATSUN-260Z-280Z-74-78-Springs-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5adee2e1c9QQitemZ390286467529QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_2703wt_1165

what's up with those hats? unless it's jsut a sample pic. Also doesn't give specs on spring(length, spring rate). If you can pick the SP and length it might be worth looking into

On there website it says 336 front and 448 rear. Seems pretty stiff. I think they are alot shorter then Ground control springs because you dont section the strut tube, you weld them on top of the spring perch.

They also have a 280 front and 336 rear. They have another option for dual spring coilovers. It looks like a normal coilover but its a second small spring that sits on top of the other one. Any ideas on what this is for?

I assume if you got the kit you could still cut off the stock spring perch for wider tires and just weld the threaded sleave to the unmolested strut tube.

Edited by 280z4me2

• 1 month later...

i run the cosmo coil-overs

had them for a few years now and they seam to work well

I got the "heavy duty" kit it is pretty stiff but i am running tokico 5ways as well I think the sleeves are aluminium so you can not weld them to the strut.

I think they are good value for the money, may be a little on the stiff side but other then that im happy with them

Matt

post-675-053015200 1300416836_thumb.jpg