HybridZ

what kind of flares?

v8dats

The baby diaper green car is mine. Those are Motorsport Auto "Street Flares". 15x8 wheels with 9 inch wide slicks for autocross. The flares are pop riveted on. The car is about to get painted after a sunroof repair, 280 vented hood and lexan rear window are added. Maybe then they will get "prettied" on. The springs were removed and tires moved up and down to determine how much of the inner and outer fenderwell were to be cut out. The inner well was then pounded up to match the outer and welded together. The front fenders are one layer and just cut. Some clearance of the front flare lip was needed to clear the tires.

Guest 240hybrid

Cant wait to see em with a coat of fresh paint....I usually dont like the larger flares, but I must say those look good. Also what kind of back spacing are you running on those wheels??

The backspacing is only 3 and a half to 4 inches. I will check this weekend. These tires have a wide section width,(bulge). They are designed to run on 7 inch wheels even though they have a 9 inch "tread". They are very small in diameter (only 23 inches tall). The reason the car has a good stance is, it is so low it would be undriveable on city streets. As my brother says, "It looks like it's sitting on four flat tires."