HybridZ

79-81 280zx brake master cylinder

J240ZTurbo

Its not new. I recall paying over $40.00 (thats locally, no shipping) for a reman unit for my Z. New ones were considerably more... This a junkyard part that I pulled recently while I was hunting for a clean P90 and other stuff. Yard probably had four ZXs, only one of which had the earlier style master cylinder.

I will email photos as soon as I get home from work.

Edit: E-mail sent...

Edited by LanceVance

I just paid less than $40 for a remanufactured one of these, and that was including the core charge. They're available from most any auto parts store. Finding a brand new one is a bit tougher, and like LanceVance said, they're considerably more expensive. I've got a leaky used one I'd sell you for cheap though. :P

I just paid less than $40 for a remanufactured one of these, and that was including the core charge. They're available from most any auto parts store. Finding a brand new one is a bit tougher, and like LanceVance said, they're considerably more expensive. I've got a leaky used one I'd sell you for cheap though. :P

I've been telling people this for a while, but people still seem to have trouble sourcing reman units. I'm guessing it might have to do with the warehouses that service the individual stores dictating where they are in stock, but I've had enough people ask that when I see them at the junk yard I pull them. I don't really make any money, but I figure if I can cover the entrance fee, gas, shipping and of course what I paid for it then why not? :huh:

I've been telling people this for a while, but people still seem to have trouble sourcing reman units. I'm guessing it might have to do with the warehouses that service the individual stores dictating where they are in stock, but I've had enough people ask that when I see them at the junk yard I pull them. I don't really make any money, but I figure if I can cover the entrance fee, gas, shipping and of course what I paid for it then why not? :huh:

Its a special order unit, but before taxes the one I would get from autozone would cost me 37 dollars Reman.

• 2 weeks later...