HybridZ

Door lock issue

deja

Sorry about the double post, don't know how that happened.

I have a 77 280Z which I just painted. I attempted to keep the old locks. The one on the passenger side has an issue, like it doesn't work. I swear it worked when I took it off. I did remove the dammit clip that holds the arm to the lock in a stupid attempt to install the lock and of course it took me 30 minutes to find the dammit clip. Also there was a rubber sleeve over the end of the lock arm that sits inside the lock lever inside the door. I tried replacing that rubber with a piece of hose but the lock still doesn't work. I wonder if something else cam off when the dammit clip flew off. There seems to be too much slop in the arm where it mounts to the lock itself. So I figured I'd just get new ones, but there's a problem. Every lock I see on-line look like this:

2740198.jpg

But mine looks like this:

gallery_1163_850_6930.jpg

Is the 77 280Z normally different that earlier models? Anyone know where I can get a replacement for what I have? The old type looks like there is another part (a rod of some sort) that is not used in my car.

Edited by deja

Well never mind, its working now. I spayed everything with some penetrating oil and now its working. I think with all the sanding a paint spray things were just not as free as they should be. Hopefully I won't get locked out of the car, LOL.