HybridZ

Considering A 240Z With 614HP Dart Block 406 V8

Boat

That's a tough call, though odds are you will be able to find a willing buyer for the mustang at 15-18k than a Z at that price. So in the future, you may not have as much to trade with if you get tired of the Z, despite how awesome a build it looks to be. Usually us Z owners like to do the build ups (or at least the dreaming up) of our own Z's. Just the dollar and cents of it.

I would just buy the Z and keep the Mustang. Because the Z has not attained (and, sadly, it probably never will) the "classic/muscle/hot-rod" status that cars like the Corvette, Mustang, Camaro, 442, Thunderbird, etc. have it won't sell for nearly what you'd expect. I've invested probably like $20K in mine, but I know I'd never get that out of its sale.

Then again, I'm not exactly Mr. Money Bags, either. But, from the looks of things, this Larry guy must be. I don't think I could ever part with mine. Someone would have to offer me something really spectacular in exchange, like a nice 427 Cobra kit-car or something.

66 Coupes in this condition usually sell between 12-18K and that's not nearly what I've got into it. The coupes don't sell for as much as the fastbacks do. I wouldn't take less than 15K and this 240Z probably has about 15K alone in the drive train. Supposedly this was about a 50K build. If I got it I would just use it for the occasional rip around town and the 1/4 mile at Sacramento Raceway grudge nights...

Does anyone on here know this car? It was built by a guy named Larry who lives up in Nor Cal somewhere. I don't think he ever posted on the internet.

Boat:

Keep the Mustang and find an early 240Z that is as rust free as possible. Then if you want a performer of a Z modify it by putting in a V8 and beef up the diff, half shafts, stub axles, suspension and sub frame. Am in the process of doing same for use at road race, drag strip and street. Takes some doing but the process of buildup can be fun.