HybridZ

couple questions, on turbo & msd6a

280zbeeT

Just curious, Im running a GT30R garetts turbo, and I was wondering, are ALL the coolant lines needed running from the turbo the block? I was told you can disconnect 2 of the coolant lines, and it would actually be Better for heat for the turbo on my L28ET engine..

Also, when installing the MSD6a box with a Haltech e11v2, am I suppose to remove the Igniter and connect the MSD6a box straight to the coil via. haltech ignition wires that would normally connect to the igniter? I was told if I leave the Igniter and hook the MSD6a box to the Igniter that it would defeat the purpose of the CDI output.

Any truth to these questions? I have been Google and searching for the past couple days but cant find a solid answer..

Wow, as in 'pick any two lines'? Sure, pick a couple and see what happens.

If it burns up, then try the other two.

You got a 50/50 chance!

I wouldn't do it, personally, because I'm boring and don't gamble that much. But if it's your thing, how exciting!

I don't have a clue on the MSD Box, maybe someone here has hooked one up before...

Edited by Tony D

And no I didnt mean pick any two lines, Im talking about the coolant return lines for the turbo, but I Read that its for Water to cool the hot turbo, I run a turbo timer and dont exactly need them (so I read) but its better to run the coolant lines with ball bearing turbo for longevity, so I read.. its kind of confusing to me.. a mechanic that worked on the car told me to get rid of them because of my build and the model of turbo, that it would be better for heat.. so was just curious.

by the way, on another not, I sent my Haltech e11v2 in, and they had to repair it, the ignition driver was Blown.. thats why I was getting no spark this entire time. but it is fixed now. :)

Get another mechanic.

The thermal siphon from the pump inlet, through the turbocharger, and into the thermostat housing after shutdown will cool the turbo without 'forced' circulation.

Any mechanic that says water cooled center sections perform better without the water is...uh...'misinformed'...