HybridZ

Hmmm, C5 Z06 wheels?

I think I'm going to attempt to make some vette goodies fit on my '71. I work for GM, so the calipers, rotors, etc are cheap. There are tons of Z06 take off wheels out there, lots of knock offs as well. I'm going to take my 240Z hubs apart this weekend, maybe see of I can modify the corvette hub to work...

Any thoughts? I've searched the forum for 3 days, and found a few guys using some of the vette parts, not that much info though.

If this works out, I just might have to buy that 505hp LS6 sitting on my showroom floor...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, what I'd like to do would be machine the stub shaft off of the Datsun spindle, and have the vette hub bolt on. Easy serviceability in the future, not a big fan of having to get parts machined every time a part that wears out needs to be replaced. I'd have to see if I could use the corvette caliper mounts, though I'd probably have to get something made. Basically just need to get a complete spindle assembly for a C5, then see what it's gonna take to make it work.

I'm considering something very similar for my track car, but plan on using c4 calipers. They're dirt cheap and plenty big enough for such a light car. Plus they're closer in size to some factory rotor offerings. For a track car, or even a street car, I like the idea of being able to into just about any parts store in the country and having a good chance at finding what I need. The c4 brakes are still common enough and there are some really good pads available. Don't know if I'd be so hip on the wheels though. You're going to need some seriously fat flares to cover those things up. Not to mention having to change the hubs to accommodate the 5 lug pattern. But post up pics when you're done!