HybridZ

What 1mm head gasket to use on n/a p90 w/ flat tops

bmarchuk

Can't seem to find a supplier for this I'm wondering what the best option is for a 1mm head gasket on an engine with a f54 / p90 combo and where I can find it. I'm specifically looking for a 1mm gasket or a layered gasket possibly?

Also curious as to what the difference in a gasket for a p79 would be, can one be used? This is a non turbo application

Thanks for any help in advance!

Can't seem to find a supplier for this I'm wondering what the best option is for a 1mm head gasket on an engine with a f54 / p90 combo and where I can find it. I'm specifically looking for a 1mm gasket or a layered gasket possibly?

Also curious as to what the difference in a gasket for a p79 would be, can one be used? This is a non turbo application

Thanks for any help in advance!

Autozone. Felpro is 1mm.

get a head gasket that matches the block year. in your case, a 81 to 83 280zx.

A p79 and p90 is the same gasket

I got a garage full of new and used felpro head gaskets for Z's and they are 1mm (0.040") thick.

I never used a nissan head gasket, but hear they are 1.25mm.

1mm or 1.25mm is not a big difference, I can't image it would make any measurable difference in performance.

Actually it's been heavily researched and a p79/90 with flat tops that .010 matters you need to get the piston as close to the head as possible to squish the air more into the head chamber to reduce detonation. I've done the research, it make sense. I think it matters and when building a very specific engine it is a huge determining factor for power when considering compression and detonation thresholds.

But ive also heard bad news about the Felpro gaskets. I'm really just wondering if the ones msa sells fit a p90 or what because my p79 and 90 have the same oil passages and it fits for a f54/79 combo it should for a p90 as well than

Yes, I'm aware of quenching. But, for a street L28 engine with flat tops and a P79 or P90 head it will not make any difference you will ever notice. what I'm saying is you are over engineering your engine. Get a felpro and go.

The L28 flat top build with a N42/N47 head makes 10:1 cr and has very little quenching due to the poor chamber design and it works well.

I have never had any issues with felpro's. Make sure the surfaces are clean and flat and they work great. even with boost.

I'm running a felpro with my flattop/e88 combo and haven't had a problem. Seriously pyro is right if this isn't some crazy race engine, in which case you would get a hks or kamieari metal head gasket(motorsport auto has the kameari one I think). On a stock engine you won't be able to tell the difference between a felpro or a mhg unless something else is engineered improperly and you overheat or detonate. Measure once and all that...

Just searched and they have the Nismo .6mm one if you're crazy.

n42 .30 bored block with p90 head with a NA cam with flat top pistons running a standard felpro head gasket, what is the compression ratio? its a turbo engine Im trying to get tuned in these next couple days..

Edited by 280zbeeT