HybridZ

Anyone ID This Great Looking Bucket Seat?

jakeoster

I was searching the internet and came across this seat. There was no information available and I cannot make out the logos. However, I think one would compliment a vintage yet functional Z car interior while retaining the stock passenger seat. Yeah, I'm one of those guys that can never justify paying two times the cost just to have the seats match haha. I was just wondering for the future, still working on my RB build at the moment.

Thanks.

201009229331.jpg

01_06.jpg

Edited by jakeoster

I was searching the internet and came across this seat. There was no information available and I cannot make out the logos.

It's a licensed reproduction of the old early Seventies Japanese aftermarket 'AUTOLOOK' seats. A company called AMON are making and selling them: http://www.nostalgiccar.com/13_orijinal-parts/orijinal-parts.html

Thanks for the info. Well shipping from Japan would probably be about $500. So I'd imagine that all said and done it'd be about $1300 per seat plus however much the bracket is.

For reference the Kamerari seat is about $800 plus about $500 for shipping. Then the headrest is a $100 option.

Edited by jakeoster

Those seats above (first post) are Autolook - made in Japan and they are still available at a cost (but this is stated above in the post from HS30-H). They make them in small batches at a time - 20 sets. There are replica items around that come out of China but still not cheap - I bit of labour to make at a guess.

I was keen for some but the cost of purchasing either the real Autolook (licensed repro) or the China copy/replica + shipping and import taxes to me here in New Zealand - I opted to get some local seat manufacture make me a custom sets based on their Kevlar shells and a similar look.

Edited by NZeder