HybridZ

Injector sizing problems

pdkoch

hey i have a 240z with an L28et swap with forged pistons and 325cc injectors running a full megasquirt ECU swap rest of the engine is pretty muuch stock besides a BOV and FPR and Walbro

my car keeps going lean above 3psi stock injectors are 285cc so? we are trying to tune the car but cant since it keeps going lean on the dyno even if the tables are maxed out. when we try and use the Autotune from Tunerstudios it creates mountains in the table very strange.

I dont know if its a Fuel delivery problem or something to do with my megasquirt setup like the settings are set up wrong in Tunerstudio's, also the ecu is heating up

Thanks any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated

I had a simlar symptom... No matter how I punched in the ve tune setup (just to get te idea where to start) I would lean out alot above somewhere in there.. I had to estimate the hp to be ALOT higher then I thought and still same thing. And the low end of the tune was WAY to rich.... I started tuning by at 100 (mine is actually 101) I pulled 1 away and triangled back, 1 row less vaccum , and one row less rpm pulling 1? in every step... Then I did the opposite in + side. I then tuned it from the wide band That should get you able to run though....

What are you running as far as fuel lines? Is it possible that you have a fuel line blockage? Check your filters! Also, go get a fuel pressure gauge and put it on there.

For a while, I was running 10psi with my car on STOCK injectors with MegaSquirt.

edit: You definitely have something wrong.

Edited by CamH

thanks guys, they are 325cc injectors which is bigger then stock so this makes no sense.

im really thinking its my settings in megatune, could yall tell me how it should be set up. for the injectors im also running a resistor pack instead of the PWM.

I think im going to go 550cc injectors next now anyways so i can go ahead and eliminate that when i change them.

Thanks

Out of curiosity, what is megasquirt showing for injector duty cycle if you log it? If your required fuel settings are reasonably close for the injector size you are running then the duty cycle should be reasonably accurate. If it shows above 85% under load then it is another feedback that your injectors are too small.

The injectors where supposed to be rebuilt stock injectors upgraded from stock 285 to 325cc

The duty cycle will go over 200 on certain parts of the table even during autotune.

...but does that mean from stock ecu->megasquirt injectors need to be replaced too or?

im going to get these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-280Z-300ZX-Siemens-575cc-Fuel-Injectors-NEW-/350339827062?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item5191e18576#ht_1067wt_939