HybridZ

2jzgte swap into a 240z

TALL MAN DAN

I am about to start a new project.I am going to put a 2jzgte into my 240z.If anyone out there has done it before and could tell me what i would need to make it simpler.Like motor mounts,drive shaft,wiring , etc...

Have you even looked at the first, say, 20 threads in this Toyota section? Not trying to be rude, but have you?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Getting the stuff into the car is simple if you have a welder and half a brain. People ask about this stuff because it's intimidating, they don't really know where to start. These guys are right, search your ass off.

I'm using VEMs:

I have a 7mgte (I actually have two if you're interested) cam position censor, which will be triggering VEMs (like megasquirt) for my RPM signal.

My 2jz is out of a lexus, so I don't need to change the oil pan

I used my engine stand to suspend the motor where I wanted it, put a jack under the tranny, and mounted it as far back as I could. I then made sure the engine was level (horizontal line), made sure the shifter hole was all aligned, and cut cardboard pieces to mock up a mount. I cut the actual pieces out, bolted one side to the motor and one side to the chassis, then welded the connecting bits in place. Then go back to your tranny, and make sure the shaft is coming out to within a couple degrees (mine was 5*) of where your diff is. Call a driveline shop and have them explain to you how to measure for a driveshaft, and you're golden.

That all being said, keep in mind, I did this with a 7mgte, but being that I just got a 2j, I'll follow the same process when I fab those mounts.