HybridZ

Are my HID's upside down?

ok so i just bought a hid kit and was wondering about this small sheild that it on the around the bulb on one side. should this shield be facing up or down? when looking at my lights it seems that light is only coming out of the top half of the light because if the sheild but i looked and the light can not be flipped in any way so i had no choice but to leave it did this happen to anyone else?

because you are running more powerful 50W ballasts off of your stock headlight harness. By using a relay you take the load off your headlight wiring system.

This is much more important with the S30's but I would still put in a relay if I were you. Easier than dealing with a fried headlight harness.

What's wrong with using a 50w ballast on the standard wiring? Isn't the standard light a 55w/60w from factory?

I am however not arguing that a gain CAN be made by setting up a proper relay switched system...

Yes but with an HID ballast it takes about 20,000-25,000 volts to ignite the bulb. A standard light doesn't. That is also why HID's are the brightest when you first turn them on (than they dim and slowly brighten up to normal operating intensity).

With all of the stories I've heard, I recommend the relay to everyone. They can be picked up/made for $10-15. Cheaper & easier than replacing your headlight harness/switch or dealing with a fire....

Anyone else want to chime in?

Edited by bens1088