HybridZ

Has anyone cut/welded a stock turbo intake plenum?

FricFrac

I know the non-egr intake plenum is often cut open to port the runners from the back side. Has anyone done the same thing with a stock turbo intake manifold. I'm looking at it and I can't figure out how to cut it open to get at everything. With the EGR, pop off valve port, etc its a bit of a puzzle where to cut it open and what tool would be the best to make the squigly cut that will be required. Cut off wheel or a thin rotary bit for aluminum I'm thinking..... anyone - Beuler?

(general disclaimer - yes I searched the 17 pages on intake plenums for hours....)

Great and was there a thread on how it was done, any tricks? It doesn't look like the non egr version that you can just zip off on the band saw. I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this and I've put about two hours into searching and reading the 17 pages I came up with. I'm trying to not create an abortion for the welder to deal with. Do you have a link Tony? Your post are usually a little more informative :P