HybridZ

Fuel rail plumbing

wolfman_dlc

When I bought my 280zx turbo a year ago it came with a JSK rail. Well, the installer put the return line in the center of the rail and capped the end which is a first for me. The capped end has a pressure gauge that was reading about 22psi at idle with vac line in place. I am in the process of moving and upgrading the system and decided to move the return line to the end where it looks more natural. In doing this it raised the pressure to 25psi. I had a front fire condition under full stock boost WOT at any mph. Now for my questions. Im no fluid dynamics expert but would simply changing the location of the return line connection to the rail make a pressure difference on the back half of the rail? With return line between injectors 3 and 4 would there be some kind of turbulance at full boost that lowered the psi for injectors 4-6? Could this be the culprit of my possible lean fire? Last but not least has anyone used the cheap fpr on ebay with success? (last ? probably stupid get what you pay for right) eg.>>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNIVERSAL-FUEL-PRESSURE-RED-REGULATOR-GAUGE-GAS-HOSE-L5_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZalgoQ3dLVIQ26ituQ3dUCIQ26otnQ3d3Q26poQ3dLVIQ26psQ3d63Q26clkidQ3d7586033495094256266QQ_trksidZp5197Q2em7QQcategoryZ42611QQitemZ110657092912