HybridZ

2 groove water pump pulley

ezzzzzzz

I need a 2 groove wp pulley for my L6 project. Lots of searching has failed to turn up a definative answer. Does such a beast exist in the Datsun/Nissan inventory? Is there any pulley that could be easily swapped in? I'm hoping not having to machine one.

Just got home and did some quick measurements on the Datsun pulleys I have.

First the SBC chevy (Long Water Pump) info I got from this link SBC long water pump dual groove pulley

Diameter - 6.3", Bolt circle - 2.3", Depth - 2.25"

For the Datsun Pulley I have two; one L28ET and one unkown.

L28ET - Diameter - 4.57", Bolt circle - 2.34", Depth - 2.80"

Unkown Pulley (off L20E) - Diameter - 5.5", Bolt circle - 2.34, Depth - 2.8"

So looking at the bolt patterns, they are very close. The diameter will effect pump rpm, larger diameter will spin slower at same rpm. The depth is the main issue, but there are a lot of custome SBC pulleys out there.

For referance, Some more Datsun pulley, fan, water pump info......http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=Water_pump

• 3 weeks later...

I'm setting up my SC'd L6 with A/C and possible PS. My thoughts were to drive the PS directly off the WP with the second pulley. That allows me to operate without any PS belt until I get around to finishing the Suby rack. The two v's on the damper will drive the A/C and the WP/Alt in a stock. There's no room for a third v on the damper as the serpentine pulley is fixed there to drive the SC. I don't recall seeing a dual pulley when I broke my LD28 down but I may have looked right past it as that was about 3 years ago.

Edited by ezzzzzzz

I don't recall seeing a dual pulley when I broke my LD28 down but I may have looked right past it as that was about 3 years ago.

I believe I have one of those also - I saw it a couple of days ago. I think you got the injection pump from me?

Garrett

Nope, not me. I wish I had another LD28 to build into a turbo platform though. My LD28 has been converted to SC'd petrol using a mix of parts like JE pistons, L20B rods and a P90a mechanical head. I hoped to fit it into my '71 240Z in the next few weeks but I found a spot of rust bubbling through on the PS door. That broke my heart so I'm probably going to leave it alone until after ZCON then start a serious restore (although the car is rated a +2 on the five scale with 1 being pristine).

Edited by ezzzzzzz

Nope, not me. I wish I had another LD28 to build into a turbo platform though. My LD28 has been converted to SC'd petrol using a mix of parts like JE pistons, L20B rods and a P90a mechanical head. I hoped to fit it into my '71 240Z in the next few weeks but I found a spot of rust bubbling through on the PS door. That broke my heart so I'm probably going to leave it alone until after ZCON then start a serious restore (although the car is rated a +2 on the five scale with 1 being pristine).

I have a bunch of LD28 parts I'm looking to get rid of... and I'm in Barboursvile, VA. Let me know if you need anything (the crank is gone).