HybridZ

('81 280zx turbo) I need a replacement/rebuild auto trans! :(

Drift280

So long story short is that my transmission is slipping (Badly) and I am having no luck finding a replacement automatic transmission 3spd or 4spd (don't really care, just want one so I can drive my car again). If anyone knows of any other sporty transmissions that can handle the torque and will bolt in without major fabrication please send me in the right direction. Also if you know any shops in Nevada that'll just do a rebuild for me @ a decent price I'll highly consider it. Thanx in advance ^_^.

:EDIT:

I figured I should explain the problem in more detail.

1-The car will start.

2-When I come to a near stop (under 5-10mph) the transmission will disengage sometimes, when I ease onto the accelerator for a couple seconds it will grab again and lurch forward very hard.

3- The car has almost no power when accelerating. I have to try pretty hard to get it to 35mph.

:EDIT:

1981 280ZX Turbo

Stock L28ET

Completely stock car

Edited by Drift280

Thanx for the response. I tried looking that up and couldn't find anything on the swap. Do you know if it's a direct bolt on or do I need some modifications to get it in? I really love this Z but I'm starting to feel like it's harder to replace parts on this than on my '65 Skylark.