HybridZ

AC hoses for JCI compressor?

Has anyone had AC hoses made to attach the JCI compressor to the stock 280Z hard copper line and condenser? I want to order custom hoses from a site like www.rayeveritt.com but am clueless when it comes to AC fittings. Yes I know JCI offers a hose kit for $200 but it would appear that they would not like to take my 2 benjamins because my name is not in their dbase as a customer, (bought my car from DaleMX in 2009). Being from NJ which still has snow on the ground, it's a little difficult to find a custom auto AC shop close by :)

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Joe

Has anyone had AC hoses made to attach the JCI compressor to the stock 280Z hard copper line and condenser? I want to order custom hoses from a site like www.rayeveritt.com but am clueless when it comes to AC fittings. Yes I know JCI offers a hose kit for $200 but it would appear that they would not like to take my 2 benjamins because my name is not in their dbase as a customer, (bought my car from DaleMX in 2009). Being from NJ which still has snow on the ground, it's a little difficult to find a custom auto AC shop close by :)

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Joe

Joe,

I'm about to have mine made by a great AC shop down here... I can have 2 sets made if you want.

The only detail that I need to work out is the location to mount the dryer (which would impact your hoses)...

With the compressor on the drivers side, the space to mount a dryer is limited on that side... Might be doable to mount the dryer in front of the radiator support on the drivers side...

Also, what condenser are you using? I'm using the one that came with the Motorsport AC kit

Ken,

All of my plumbing is stock 78 280Z. What I need recreated are the 2 hoses that connected to the compressor. Both are about a foot long. One will go from the JCI compressor to the copper line down on the drivers side frame rail and the other goes from the compressor to the stock condenser. Everything else, including the drier, is in place.

Joe

Good idea.

post-53-030277100 1301086881_thumb.jpg

post-53-007671400 1301086866_thumb.jpg

Anyone?

Isn't there a second line that comes out of the condenser? I only see one in your pics - You've got me wondering about the correct hose routing now...

Here's a descent drawing...

bronco-air-conditioning-figure-4.gif

• 4 months later...

I would just use a teflon lined SS hose, and AN or JIC fittings. The JIC fittings are the same pitch, but they're made for hydraulic applications, and dont come in the pretty anodized colors. They are generally steel also.

I just brought mine over to the local AC guy - he made all my lines (nothing is stock on mine) It cost $300 bucks but that included a drier, leak test and charging of the system

My AC is ICE cold - even in the Florida heat - although it's usually hotter in NJ in the summer :)

Thanks Sunny. What I need to know is what fittings to use. Size and thread pitch is what I'm looking for.

Just by looking, I can't tell you what they are. IIRC, AC fittings (at least US AC fittings) are by #. Ex: #2, #4, #6. I personally would just measure the dimensions, and get the thread pitch (if you have a thread pitch gauge). If not, you should be able to get one at your local hardware store, or a good parts store. a GOOD parts store would be able to look up the fitting, vehicle specific. But it might not "be in the computer" . I get mad when I go to a parts store and try to find things, when there are morons behind the counter :angry: /rant/