HybridZ

MS1 v2.2 install pictures and questions

98cobra+75280z

I have been trying to get my 75 280z running before summer comes around since i won't be home and will have no time to work on the car. I have a '82 l28et with n42 intake and attempting to install ms1 v2.2 into the car. So far i have the entire outside harness made and the resistor pack installed for the injectors as instructed by Moby's write up. I am using a gm HEI 4 to fire my coil and modified my relay board to jumper IDL to fidle. There is a picture of my relay board attached, It has a 2.2k pull up resistor and a jumper wire in place of the fidle relay. I am hoping someone could look at how I wired it and let me know if i did it correctly.

post-5822-080016700 1301509648_thumb.jpg

he major problem i am having is getting the ignition switch wired. In most of the write ups I've read and on the DIY website all the ignition wiring only shows a key hooked to 12V and to the relays. I have no clue how to wire the ignition switch into my relay board or what wires to connect. There is the 4 wire plug that comes off the ignition. The wire colors are: blk/white, blk/yellow, white/red, green/blue

post-5822-002372000 1301509725_thumb.jpg

post-5822-015303300 1301509790_thumb.jpg

Can someone please help me with this wiring and how to connect it to my relays on the relay board so I can hopefully try firing the car up this weekend and maybe get some tuning in before summer starts..

Sorry for all the questions I just want to make sure to do this right.. Thanks for all your help guys.

post-5822-035759600 1301509830_thumb.jpg

Edited by 98cobra+75280z

This observation may or may not help - your first paragraph shows that you are way ahead of where many people are when installing Megasquirt for the first time. Which makes the second paragraph about connecting four wires for power kind of confusing. How could you do the first but not get the second? Just my initial thought the first time I read your post and when I just read it again.

The second issue with getting some responses is that your pictures are enormous! I think that they are the largest I have ever seen on this forum. I have 2.5 Mbps upload speed which is middle of the road for internet and it took ~10 seconds to load the pictures. Then they were way too big to look at, I could only see one corner. Many people probably bailed out or thought that their computer was locked up.

If you can still modify, I would shrink those pictures down.

Back to the problem, I have found that this link has some good basic advice for wiring - http://www.megamanual.com/mtabcon.htm#wire'>http://www.megamanual.com/mtabcon.htm#wire

Here is the same page from the top - http://www.megamanual.com/mtabcon.htm

Sorry about the picture size. I didn't realize the space they were taking up. The first part of the install seemed very easy, I just followed the guide that moby wrote up and also looked at some wiring schematics from megamanual. In all of these they never really mentioned the ignition wiring, so i then pulled up factory wiring diagrams to see where the wires from the plug in the picture lead to. They went everywhere and anywhere it seems, switching colors and going into things I don't use/have anymore. This is why I was hoping to get some incite from you guys. Thanks for your response and sorry again about the massive picture file size.

Kevin