HybridZ

Painting my 280ZX hood scoop

XedLos

Just unbolt it from the hood and paint the entire thing

I actually meant only the hood scoop. Im painting the entire car blue and i was thinking of painting the hood vents and the hood scoop black. Im not sure if anyone else has done it. I just wanted to get some examples and ideas

I actually meant only the hood scoop. Im painting the entire car blue and i was thinking of painting the hood vents and the hood scoop black. Im not sure if anyone else has done it. I just wanted to get some examples and ideas

What he said (Zguy91)... The vents and scoop are plastic. They bolt on to the hood. Really easy to unbolt, clean up, and spray (well... easy to unbolt as a rule, maybe not so easy to clean up and sand smooth, easy to spray...). My Son and I took 280ZXT scoops, modified them (trimmed off most of the "vent" part), rattle-canned them black, and installed them on our earlier Z cars when we did our turbo swaps... Paint shop could do it in single-stage if you don't want to rattle-can. They look good completely black...

Edited by cgsheen