HybridZ

eaby turbo kit?

Ok i have a N/A 1976 datsun 280z im going to be doing a v8 swap by next in about 6 months but in the mean time id like a bit more hp without spending alot. I been looking at the ebay turbo kits i know there not quality but i really only care for it to last me for 6 months i need it. What do you guys think. and also i was wondering about the exhaust manifold would i be able to use the manifold from the 280zx?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T3-T4-T04E-TURBO-KIT-280ZX-300ZX-Datsun-280ZX-/230543754171?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35ad7a83bb

I think you need to start proofreading your posts.

In all honesty, just wait for the V8 swap. Don't try to swap the car if it's your daily, you'll end up without a car at all, for a long time. You'll end up spending plenty of money on the V8 conversion, so anything you spend now you'll wish you still had later.

You're going to need a lot more than what's listed in that kit.

Very quick list off the top of my head

Exhaust manifold: $100

Downpipe: $100

Standalone ECU: $400+

Injectors: $100

Fuel rail for injectors: $110

Wastegate adapter: $30

Welding labor to install the adapter: $50

We're already at $890 and the car isn't running yet, you have an entire turbo swap to install and wire, and you have to tune the car to run.

If you want to turbo it as a "temporary" solution to run low boost, I would look for the turbo and all related accessories from a running 280ZX turbo car to swap onto your longblock and skip the universal Chinese kits on eBay.

• 1 month later...

Depends on your goals and budget. I bought an ebay turbo kit, turbo afm, injectors, harness+ ecu for about the same price cockerstar has said (im stuck on wiring though). But you best place to start is assessing what your goals and budget is and to then research and study which plan of action is best for you