HybridZ

right fuel regulator?

I have a 71 datsun 240 with a 83 engine with upgraded turbo, bigger fuel injectors,bigger fuel pump, 3in exhaust. my aim was for 300 hp. my car is fowling plugs like crazy. First off is the stock regulator ok for what i am aiming for? and do you think maybe the regulator might need to be replaced because its allowing too much fuel thru?

In general, the O2 sensor gives information back the computer that is used to lean out or richen the mixture, mostly for cruise conditions. Otherwise I believe the computers use an internal map that assumes a certain injector rate, and uses temperature and air mass to determine how long to hold the injectors open. You have bigger injectors so unless you've retuned the computer (maybe that's what modified means?), it is using the map for small ones, probably adding much more fuel than needed.

That's all I know, just a few things in general. You have a mix of parts, the more information you give, the better the advice back you'll get.

I'm interested, I've seen a few examples of the 300ZX ECM modification but not a lot of detail on how to make it work well. I think if you search "afshin" and "300ZX" you'll get some threads to look at.

I'll bow out now, there's others here who know more.