HybridZ

JCI LS1 mounts compatibility with LS1 exhaust manifolds

According to John at JCI, he developed his LS1 installation kit around headers. He does not know if any stock LS1 manifolds will fit with his mounting kits. I'm looking forward to the day that I must take my Z to a smog referee and I'd like to get a jump on that by installing as many smog related items as I can. My engine is a lm7 and, by definition, not smogable. However, I do wish to run stock exhaust manifolds to complement the vapor purge selenoid and charcoal cannister. The idea is to address these items today and argue the Catalytic Converter with the Referee in the future.

Thanks,

G

Cable talked about using stock manifolds off of a 98-99 f-body.

I believe the driver's side header has to be sightly modified.

I haven't done the swap though, so may want to wait for others to chime in.

Here's where I read that....

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/87296-exhaust-manifoldheader-options/page__p__828297__hl__%2Bstock+%2Bmanifolds__fromsearch__1#entry828297

Edited by 280zcar

• 2 weeks later...

I was gonna go the 98-99 (Camaro SS stainless) stock manifold route as well since that is what I have and found the below link to be true. The stock lower flange on the manifolds would need to be cut and smaller flanges welded back on. The O2 sensor (only 1 on those manifolds) needs to be relocated too. Was gonna just relocate both of them downstream of manifold connection.

What I saw was even with those mods the pass side manifold came very close to the frame rail and where the Z wiring harness (and where I put my LS1 engine harness) penetration and fuel line ran. It was gonna be too close to all that for my taste so I just got headers and the fitment is much better.

I do have my old stock SS manifolds and smog crap if you need that.

Cable talked about using stock manifolds off of a 98-99 f-body.

I believe the driver's side header has to be sightly modified.

I haven't done the swap though, so may want to wait for others to chime in.

Here's where I read that....

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/87296-exhaust-manifoldheader-options/page__p__828297__hl__%2Bstock+%2Bmanifolds__fromsearch__1#entry828297

• 3 weeks later...