HybridZ

Half Shafts going out

I have a 1975 280z, which i have to stall to turn off because it will not shut down from the ignition switch. I have replaced the drivers side half shaft once already because the U joints became loose and started to Squeak really bad. The new one i put in is already starting to make some noise and it has only been a couple weeks since i replaced it. My question is if stalling my car can ruin my half shafts pre-maturely because of the stress placed on them when i stall the engine.

I have a 1975 280z, which i have to stall to turn off because it will not shut down from the ignition switch. I have replaced the drivers side half shaft once already because the U joints became loose and started to Squeak really bad. The new one i put in is already starting to make some noise and it has only been a couple weeks since i replaced it. My question is if stalling my car can ruin my half shafts pre-maturely because of the stress placed on them when i stall the engine.

Fix the ignition switch. And buy better u joints for the shafts.

Your ignition problem is probably caused by feedback from the alternator circuit. Do a search.

Sounds like you have a misalignment in the half shaft. Is car seriously lowered? something bent.? Maybe the replacement shaft had a bad u-joint when you installed it.

Mongo

Your ignition problem is probably caused by feedback from the alternator circuit. Do a search.

Sounds like you have a misalignment in the half shaft. Is car seriously lowered? something bent.? Maybe the replacement shaft had a bad u-joint when you installed it.

Mongo

I did a coil over conversion and have the car as low as i can get it, so the frame rails are about 4 inches above the ground.

Fix the ignition switch. And buy better u joints for the shafts.

It isnt the ignition switch, im not to worried about fixing that problem because as soon as i get my car back from being painted im gonna do a 83 turbo swap.