HybridZ

Speedhut speedometer gauge faces question

logan1

Ok so i got a set of Speedhut gauge faces to install onto my stock gauges. The question is about the Speedhut speedometer gauge face.

The stock metal gauge face has a very thin pin at the start that prevents the needle from going anti-clockwise past 20mph. The Speedhut speedometer gauge face does not have a hole for this needle. Do i simply break the needle off and install the Speedhut gauge face over the stock one or do i have to make a hole in the speedhug gauge face for the stopper pin to come through the speedhut gauge face

thanx for the help

John

Ok so i got a set of Speedhut gauge faces to install onto my stock gauges. The question is about the Speedhut speedometer gauge face.

The stock metal gauge face has a very thin pin at the start that prevents the needle from going anti-clockwise past 20mph. The Speedhut speedometer gauge face does not have a hole for this needle. Do i simply break the needle off and install the Speedhut gauge face over the stock one or do i have to make a hole in the speedhug gauge face for the stopper pin to come through the speedhut gauge face

thanx for the help

John

Here's a picture of the speedhut gauge face installed on my speedo - I did not experience what you're talking about so pics would help

I subsequently changed to their tach and GPS speedometer so I have this stock tach and stock speedo already converted and ready for someone if they want them

post-154-048218900 1302228663_thumb.jpg

post-154-069426200 1302228664_thumb.jpg

post-154-063539500 1302228665_thumb.jpg

Are you doing this just to get white faces or to get the SpeedHut gauge face? Anyways I would personally drill a hole/stopper.

I want the speedhut gauge face with the reverse glow working.

Here's a picture of the speedhut gauge face installed on my speedo - I did not experience what you're talking about so pics would help

I subsequently changed to their tach and GPS speedometer so I have this stock tach and stock speedo already converted and ready for someone if they want them

Well my car is a 1970 series 1 240z and it seems to have a bunch of 1 off parts that are alway a PITA for modification.

Below are pictures of my speedo; its hard to see the stop pin in the middle of the 20mph callout.

IMG_0062-4.jpg

IMG_0066-6.jpg

IMG_0067-6.jpg

IMG_0068-6.jpg

I think your best bet would be to call Wade at Speed hut and ask if it's ok to drill a hole in the gauge face - it may effect the indiglo operation

Also, I'm not sure if the gauge will work correctly with the stop removed - mine are the 280z style -

• 4 weeks later...

I installed a set of reverse EL glow on my '76. I had them make a custom hole for the charge light on the voltmeter. When I called and talked to tech support about the hole, they (not sure who it was, its been a few years now) said I could make the hole myself if was comfortable doing it. But I opted to let them do it. While installing I also had to trim the clock face to fit, and the face seemed to delaminate on the trimmed edges. So now I would be very uncomfortable trying to make a hole in them.

I installed a set of reverse EL glow on my '76. I had them make a custom hole for the charge light on the voltmeter. When I called and talked to tech support about the hole, they (not sure who it was, its been a few years now) said I could make the hole myself if was comfortable doing it. But I opted to let them do it. While installing I also had to trim the clock face to fit, and the face seemed to delaminate on the trimmed edges. So now I would be very uncomfortable trying to make a hole in them.

I removed the charge light from the gauge - it's not needed - haven't finished the wiring on it yet though...

If it reads more than 12 volts it's charging!