HybridZ

will 15x9 fit stock fenders?

Yes I searched around but I still need help.

My set-up is a 1971 240z it has coilovers, front strut sectioned about 1.5 inch, stock fenders, 15x7 Rewinds 0-offset 205-50-15/225-50-15

I really want the new Rota shakotan, yes I know they are knock offs. I want the 15x9 0 offset.

What will it take for these to fit without putting flares on? (roll/pull fenders, tire size?)what about backspacing issues?

Thank you for any help. If any one can find pic or has that set up please post pics/links.

Thanks

they should fit if you have coilovers. I run 15x8 -32 with 225s and only had rubbing on one corner that was taken care of with a fender roller. A 15x9 0 is .7 inches more in and 5 inches of backspace and the maximum backspace with stock springs is 4.5 so I think you'll be dandy.

Use this tool t0 play with stuff helps answer a lot of Qs pretty easy

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

Edited by ashintar

they should fit if you have coilovers. I run 15x8 -32 with 225s and only had rubbing on one corner that was taken care of with a fender roller. A 15x9 0 is .7 inches more in and 5 inches of backspace and the maximum backspace with stock springs is 4.5 so I think you'll be dandy.

Use this tool t0 play with stuff helps answer a lot of Qs pretty easy

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

Are you sure that a 4.5 inch backspace is maximum on a stock suspension? I ran 245/60/14's on 14x7 +3 wheels with a stock suspension, according to the wheel calculator you mention, I can run a 235/50/15 on a 15x9 inch zero offset wheel and still not hit my stock suspension.

Are you sure that a 4.5 inch backspace is maximum on a stock suspension? I ran 245/60/14's on 14x7 +3 wheels with a stock suspension, according to the wheel calculator you mention, I can run a 235/50/15 on a 15x9 inch zero offset wheel and still not hit my stock suspension.

I just use the 17 inch 9.5 rotas offset as the benchmark for backspacing as it was supposed to be the max amount for stock suspension. I'd rather play it safe when giving people information, but if you got 4.8 backspace thats good news for him.

I just use the 17 inch 9.5 rotas offset as the benchmark for backspacing as it was supposed to be the max amount for stock suspension. I'd rather play it safe when giving people information, but if you got 4.8 backspace thats good news for him.

I actually ran the same wheel and tires with a +10 offset and it still did not hit my stock suspension, that is 7mm closer than the +3 offset wheel. The tires I used are also very wide BF Goodrich TA's about 250mm. He may get different results with his car but I am just passing along observations and 'real world' results I have noticed with my 280z.

Note to the original poster, the above only worked on the rear of my Z, for the front you may want to wait for the 15x8 Shakotan which I have been reading should be released soon. It would be interesting to see these wheels staggered on an S30.

Edited by lorenzo

• 2 weeks later...

What would be a good tire for this setup? I really like my 225/50/15 but that might be too big for the 9 inch width. So 215/45 with a stretch? I would prefer not.

If anything I would try to go bigger than a 225, you are going to get major stretching, the smaller the width you go. Some like that look, I personally hate it, I think it looks bad and it can be dangerous. The 225 would be minimum I would go, I know Toyo makes a 235/50/15 but it is a fairly expensive tire.