HybridZ

280ZX RB26 install

djz

I managed to buy a set of 2nd hand Sard 720cc injectors for $450 with an RB fuel rail. I'll be putting the RX7 ones back on Trademe as is I think. If anybody here is interested in them let me know, two of them are probably dead but might come right with a clean.

Wheels are 2 - 3 weeks away from being finished, I've gone with 10" wide, the 5" bands just weren't going to work.

Mate bought a tig welder so I've been playing with that a bit, I've welded some brackets onto the intercooler for the oil cooler mount, I think I'm going to mount the power steering cooler off to one side behind the front bumper. I went to put the bumper on yesterday and found that the mounts have nearly broken off it so my mate is giving me a fibreglass repair kit and I'll put some strips of aluminium in there to try and strengthen it up a bit, running over my bumper if they broke off would make me pretty angry.

Drilled the two radius rod mount bolt holes in the control arm with a right angle drill, I'm going to get some cap screws to mount them with as the bolt heads are just a bit too big to get a socket on nicely.

New injectors are in, car starts and runs which is good.

Power steering reservoir mounted, you can see the blow off valve in there too

DSCF0675.jpg

Front brakes on

DSCF0677.jpg

Oil cooler mounting tabs

DSCF0673.jpg

Oil cooler mounted - top only so far

DSCF0679.jpg

Trying to fix the broken front bumper mounts with some aluminium with fibreglass over it, we'll see if it holds together

DSCF0672.jpg

Hey DJZ, I am curious as to what suspension set up you used and which parts, for the front and back of this project? Would also be curious to know how you got a five lug set up. The route I want to go is a similar one with a RB26dett, and if those are what hub i think they are it would give me a lot  more options for wheel sizing.

Edit: Nvm found it in post 2.

Edited by Bandit50

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic