HybridZ

Help with AC

I have a 1973 240z with an LT1 and 4l60e trans of a 1993 z28.

I wanted to know if any one has been able to run ac, heating, and defrost with this type of conversion and what would I need or if theres companies that sell kits. I would also like to know about how much it would cost.

I have a 1973 240z with an LT1 and 4l60e trans of a 1993 z28.

I wanted to know if any one has been able to run ac, heating, and defrost with this type of conversion and what would I need or if theres companies that sell kits. I would also like to know about how much it would cost.

LT1240Z

I have installed a Small Block Chevrolet Generation 1 into a 240Z. Went on Ebay and purchased accessory brackets from a Camaro that mount GM AC compressor, Alternator, Power Steering Pump and Smog pump if needed. Can be used less the PS pump and Smog pump with shorter serpentine belt. These brackets should fit up to the LT1. Any questions?

LT1240Z

I have installed a Small Block Chevrolet Generation 1 into a 240Z. Went on Ebay and purchased accessory brackets from a Camaro that mount GM AC compressor, Alternator, Power Steering Pump and Smog pump if needed. Can be used less the PS pump and Smog pump with shorter serpentine belt. These brackets should fit up to the LT1. Any questions?

Go to Ebay item number 320692423832

I have a 240z with a 350SBC swap. I am using a vintage air compact unit. I have it running off a Sanderson(?) Compressor and all hooked up to the March "track" serpentine kit minus power steering pump.

It all fits nice under the dash, and the unit is able to keep me cool in the tx heat.

I have a 240z with a 350SBC swap. I am using a vintage air compact unit. I have it running off a Sanderson(?) Compressor and all hooked up to the March "track" serpentine kit minus power steering pump.

It all fits nice under the dash, and the unit is able to keep me cool in the tx heat.

Yeah, but that one is for the old school SBC that uses a belt driven water pump. LT1 water pump runs off the cam and not the belt.

• Like 1

Yeah, but that one is for the old school SBC that uses a belt driven water pump. LT1 water pump runs off the cam and not the belt.

+1. LT1 brackets are needed, not just any sbc bracket. The link I provided above is a good starting point for research.

Understand. With the Camaro factor brackets I recommended before on Ebay the conventional SBC water pump can be eliminated by running a shorter serpentine belt which runs the AC and alternator off the crank pulley.

THANKX GUYS.

I have another question. I was looking at the stuff I still have off the z28 which I pulled the LT1 off and I still have the whole complete ac system. So my question was has anyone ever used the ac system of a 1993 z28 camaro on a 240z or any z.

THANKX GUYS.

I have another question. I was looking at the stuff I still have off the z28 which I pulled the LT1 off and I still have the whole complete ac system. So my question was has anyone ever used the ac system of a 1993 z28 camaro on a 240z or any z.

You can use the compressor but you need find another way to mount it. The LT1 accessory mount will put the compressor right on top of the steering rack, so that won't work. The Z28 controls are vacuum controlled so it might be tough to get that to work and the under dash unit is huge. The condenser is a little too big to fit in the Z but you might get it to work. All the lines on the Z28 are hard lines so they would be hard to get to fit. Any hydraulic shop can make the AC lines for you.I went with a Vintage Air Mini. Fits nice under the dash and is all electric. I got everything but the lines from Vintage, the AC unit, condenser, dryer, binary switch and a firewall mount for the lines. They even have compressors if you don't want to use the Z28 one.