HybridZ

RB25det NEO S130

appsy

It's not a rb26 it's a rb25det neo with 26 covers i know its cheating but got them for $80 and they look so good but im going to grind down the 26 on the front cover to say 25 and re spray them.

• 2 weeks later...

Great build!

Any chance we can see some pictures of the lower arms that you have modified? Very interested to see how you have done the S13 knuckle swap.

Have you modified the tops of the strut towers at all to put in more camber adjustment?

• 2 months later...

Nice build! Did you have to go to a rear sump for the oil pan? or did just the stock oil pan fit in? I ship out for boot in november and afterwards im looking into getting another s130 and doing pretty much everything you did to the car lol. Any pictures of during/after the build would be great!

I'm sill in the middle of my restoration part of my build, but I've finished the engine swap, still doing power mods, do you ever stop? I don't mind helping you guys as much as I can. I used a custom/modified origanl sump to a rear sump which I made myself and oil pick up. First thing, I cut the baffling out of the original sump then cut the sump off at the base, flipped it 180 degress then reshaped it to the same shape as the base then welded it back together. Then I modified the curve in the sump where it goes from shallow to deep to get more clearance to the cross member and made new baffling from sheet metal. I can put pictures up tomorrow, just not on my computer at the moment.

I thought I should share my 1981 S 2+2 build with every one because this web site has helped me build it

I had my car for 2 years and drove it around for a year before smashing the gear box and the engine was on the way out so I decided to re power witch took 3 months and I loved driving around because it was such a sleeper i also took it to the strip and ran 12.9 at 107MPH before braking a axle.

but since then i have decided to make it a track monster.

so fare my car has:

polyurethane bushings

rb25det neo

front mount inter cooler

3 in m/s turbo back exhaust

R32 gtr brakes all around

S13 coilover all around with front knuckles as well

nistune ecu

r200 long nose 2 way LSD

custom tail saft

custom triple core aluminum radiator

custom engine and gear box mounts

custom tail shaft

444cc gtr injectors

greddy intake manifold

ford xf throttle body

Z32 afm

and a complete respray is on the way and a lot more.

will post images of S13 front end and greedy manifold tomorrow

oh damn.. the same set up i got slightly different!!!!

haha dang man. i cant wait to see pictures and thanks! i cant wait to get started after BC. Yea i thought you may have done that as well, i wonder was it worth all the effort customizing the sump you had or would you buy a new one if you had to do it over?

Edited by kelltainer

haha dang man. i cant wait to see pictures and thanks! i cant wait to get started after BC. Yea i thought you may have done that as well, i wonder was it worth all the effort customizing the sump you had or would you buy a new one if you had to do it over?

Yes I probably would have bought a new one if I lived in the US but they are hard to get in Australia.