HybridZ

84-89 300zxt CV Axles - Source?

kj280z

So I have been researching various options to convert from my stock half shafts to the 300ZXT shafts and using the MM Adapters...

Seems like EVERY parts source no longer carries them! They all want to rebuild your existing ones - since we don't own 300zxt's that we can steel them from for this, that's a problem!

Has anyone been able to find a reliable source for these CV's?

Just to stop any questions - the ones required are the 4 bolt 300zx TURBO 1984 - 1989 CVs - the 6 bolt CVs that come in the NA 300zx will not work

You want 87 - 89 ZXT CV axles. Early ZXT axles are different. As far as I know there are no good sources for them. They pop up every once in a while on this board and Ebay.

Edited by rossman

You want 87 - 89 ZXT CV axles. Early ZXT axles are different. As far as I know there are no good sources for them. They pop up every once in a while on this board and Ebay.

Hmmm - I was basing the 84-89 years (which I have verified with all parts sources that I've called - they do all cross reference) on this article on MM website:

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/xtrainfo/z31-cv-conversion.pdf

If there's further information that would refine the CVs to just 87-89 years I'd like to know more