HybridZ

78zstyle's 78 280z

Fixed wastegate, there was something stopping it up. 5 psi feels too tame, going to bump up to 8-10. tried to do some 0-60 pulls but ground was so wet that I wouldn't stop spinning tires till 3rd gear.. I did get 60-90 in 7 seconds, but thats only at 5 psi...

Edited by 78zstyle

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cowtown z meet was fun, only a few showed up but man does an all original 77 280z look SWEET. Tommy'z 2+2 zx sounded nasty.

Got to actually tune a little tonight, after fiddling some, I got it pretty decent, although the VE table looks retarded. Its completely linear.. yet runs well.

Edited by 78zstyle

My drivers side rear tired shredded itself.. destroyed the inside of the fender well.. and mangled my quarter panel pretty good..

What you cant see is about 3 inches of material that is folded up underneath..

Looking like the insurance wants to total it =\. Anyone have experience with the valuation of a totaled z?

- Sorry didn't mean to post on my dad's account.

post-4694-053250600 1333145920_thumb.jpg

Edited by MadMaxDallas

Total a Z because of a folded quarter panel? That's because the car is only worth $500 to an insurance company. I wouldn't even make a claim.

What do you recommend I do? The entire section would have to be replaced at minimum. I want to see if I can get some money out of it to repair it myself if possible.

It most likely wouldn't be worth it. Let's say you have a 500 deductible, they pay you 1000 and decide to total, you pay 500 to buy it back. Back at square one AND you had to go through all the hassle. I have always insured my older cars for a specific amount before hand. You may pay a little more but you know the value on it. Sorry to hear about the misshap. Hope it is rectified as pain-less as possible.

Edited by emeraldlion

MSA Chrome Mirrors came in, look really nice installed and took about 5 minutes to install. I got beat by a SVT Cobra today on the highway. Now I must complete my intercooler setup and up the boost. Any suggestions on an eletric fan setup? There is a dual unit + shroud from MSA for 290.00, but I feel like that is way too expensive.

Yeah. Plenty of writeups on here. I got mine at a salvage yard. 1995 ford taurus . Get the two speed fan and make sure you get the harness side of the pigtail. You can make your own fan harness and relay set or buy one pre-done for about 60 bucks. I'll look at the business that did mine but it was an excellent harness. Fan pulls singificant amps but mounts pretty easy fits nicely and pulls 3500+ cfm on high.

Member 280zcar has a pretty good write-up of his install and the harness he made using volvo relays/harness from salvage yard

Edited by emeraldlion