HybridZ

Looking for pics of 225/60r15 on a 15x9 and a 205/60r15 on a 15x8

Just purchased a set of wheels that are 15x9 zero offset for the rear and a set of 15x8 zero offset for the front.

Current set up is 14x7's plus 2 offset with 215/60r14's in the front and 225/60r14's in the rear.

I was hoping that someone had some pics of an s30 with the following wheel configurations.

225/60 on a 15x9

205/60 on a 15x8

245/50 on a 15x9

Edited by lorenzo

Consider making your life easier and limiting wheel width to 7". You can make 7s fit all day long, but trying to fit anything more than that can really suck the life out of you. The tire sizes you have suggested will do fine on a 7" rim and you can avoid a lot of unnecessary pain. There is so much more to a car than phat rims. Spend the time on a 5-lug swap so that your wheel options really open up. I wish I had done that before I built up a multi-thousand dollar "quiver" of 4-lug wheels and tires.

Edited by RebekahsZ

Consider making your life easier and limiting wheel width to 7". You can make 7s fit all day long, but trying to fit anything more than that can really suck the life out of you. The tire sizes you have suggested will do fine on a 7" rim and you can avoid a lot of unnecessary pain. There is so much more to a car than phat rims. Spend the time on a 5-lug swap so that your wheel options really opentch up. I wish I had done that before I built up a multi-thousand dollar "quiver" of 4-lug wheels and tires.

Thanks for the replies, but there are many people running far smaller tires on 15x8's and 9's with major stretch. I don't think my request is unrealistic. Wider wheels do look nice and I have purchased these already :) Many tire shops consider 9's not that wide if you can believe it or not.

As for the 245's, I do have someone who can sell me a pair and I know that they are no longer available in that size. However, Toyo r888's in a 235/50r15 have a section width of 245 mm. Therefore, one can also argue that they are available.

Furthermore, I am curious about the 60 series. How they stretch and seat on a wheel compared to a 50 series tire.

I would argue that an r888 is even more wide.  I have seen a few z guys, and lots of Miata's running 205 r888's on an 8 or 9 with great results, but race radial tires tend to run a little wide.  I thought we were talking street tires here, in witch case the 225/45 rs3 is about the best option for an 8 or maaaayyybbee even a 9.  As far as what series stretches best there are entire forums dedicated to such and would suggest your time is better spent elsewhere seeking that vital information.  You are right wide wheels look good, but the best part about them is they enable more contact patch.

10502669_1388526324727579_520793802_n.jp

Orange car on the left is running 15x8 -0 offset front and rear. Tires 205/50r15 front, 215/50r15 rear. Fitment looks great.  You could also do a 225/45/r15 for the rear.

I wonder what brand of tire that orange car is using.

Roger, the r888 can be used for the street but it's a higher maintenance tire.

I just purchased a set of Kuhmo's in 205/50 and 225/50r15, they arrive tomorrow :)

Here are my 16x8 +4 with 205/50/16. Running a 7mm spacer in rear to clear brakes photo2_zps9961bd7a.jpgphoto1_zpsce6405ae.jpgphoto1_zps797d9260.jpg

Looks nice, great stance! You car looks pretty low. I wish the style wheels I purchased came in 16 inch because of the tire selection :(