HybridZ

What Goes in these holes??

I am hoping someone out there can help me with this. I have a 78 2+2 and I am on to buying small rubber pieces and weather stripping. I can't seem to find out what goes in these holes in the door jamb, the one above and below the door latch. Can anyone tell me? Any help is appreciated.

A 75 is much different than a 78. But my guess is those holes might have been drilled for rustproofing of some sort. My 71 has holes in about that location for the same reason. Although they should have a plug of some sort in them, and the hole looks a little bigger than what I have, so I don't know.

I've got the same size holes in the same spot on three of my cars, all from poor attempts at rustproofing back in the 80s. Just find some plastic plugs that fit snug in the holes and you'll be fine

Wow, once again things that happened in the 80's comes back to haunt me! Thanks all!

No problem, let me know if you need anything from a 2+2. This one is pretty well stripped, but I'll be dropping a donation to HybridZ and putting a for sale thread for anyone needing panels.